What is Belizean Studies?
Big Question: How do we study Belize's environment?
Unit Title: Studying the Environment
1.2 Identify sources of information that can be used to study past and present human activities
TEACHERS: For data requests or to schedule a classroom presentation from the Statistical Institute of Belize (SIB) please contact SIB’s Data Dissemination Department at email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 822-2207 Ext. 209.
1.3. Explain how evidence can be used to evaluate how true a statement is.
1.4 Describe the topography of Belize.
Topography means the features of the land surface - more or less the shape of the land. Geographers also study the way the surface of the land has changed in the past and is still changing.
Key Concepts in Topography
1.5. Describe the present day demography of Belize.
Demography is the study of human populations. This can include the following:
- How many people live in an area?
- How many males and females there are?
- How many people there are of a given age or age group?
- How many people are born, get married or die each year?
- How long people can expect to live?
- Are people moving into or out of an area?